Gå til innhold

Oppdateringer om 7-seriens (E65) kommende facelift

Gunnar

Anbefalte innlegg

Det har lenge vært spekulert i hvor store endringer faceliften på 7eren vil utgjøre, og fantomtegninger som har kommet ut har vist enorme endringer. Det er nok feil. Nedenfor følger beskrivelser av den facelifta 7eren fra en som har sett den i virkeligheten.

Dear 001,

Contrary to some websites reports that the BMW 7's face lift will be extensive…it won’t.

Having seen the car, I think there are two reasons;

Firstly, the costs associated with updating the metal work are huge, so (at the front) changes to the headlight and bumpers are all you get. On the rear, the clumsy tail lights and heavy bumper have also been changed. The sum total, a bigger looking 5-series!

Secondly, there is the problem of image. BMW are tweaking rather than rationalizing because they cannot afford to loose face by admitting they produced a howler.

So the tinkering has been done in a bid to give the car a fresh face to counteract disappointing sales. If it doesn't work, I have been told the discounted leasing program started in the UK will be extended and the "next generation" 7 will be brought forward to 2006.

Buyers who eventually did purchase a car have complained about the 7's over-complicated iDrive control system. To fix this, the software used by the 5-series has been employed along with it's "Menu" button to return you to the main screen. Also, the 5's triple temperature climate control system will be fitted as standard. There will also be some minor changes to the interior detailing and possibly some new leather colors. These measures are all intended to counteract disappointing sales, especially in the all-important American market.

Happily, the revisions will be more than cosmetic.

Although the 3-litre six-cylinder petrol and 3-litre six-cylinder diesel will continue, the 4.4-litre V8 engine will be expanded to 4.8 litres, with output raised to around 400 bhp with less emissions.

Sadly, even though the 6.0-litre V12 is gaining a direct-injection fuel system, power will held below the 500 bhp mark so that the kudos of the Rolls-Royce Phantom is not affected.

Expect to see world-wide sales starting in Summer 2004.

May the faith be with you,

Agent X

Et par av fantomtegningene som har kommet ut finner du her

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Det har lenge vært spekulert i hvor store endringer faceliften på 7eren vil utgjøre, og fantomtegninger som har kommet ut har vist enorme endringer. Det er nok feil. Nedenfor følger beskrivelser av den facelifta 7eren fra en som har sett den i virkeligheten.

Dear 001,

Contrary to some websites reports that the BMW 7's face lift will be extensive…it won’t.

Having seen the car, I think there are two reasons;

Firstly, the costs associated with updating the metal work are huge, so (at the front) changes to the headlight and bumpers are all you get. On the rear, the clumsy tail lights and heavy bumper have also been changed. The sum total, a bigger looking 5-series!

Secondly, there is the problem of image. BMW are tweaking rather than rationalizing because they cannot afford to loose face by admitting they produced a howler.

So the tinkering has been done in a bid to give the car a fresh face to counteract disappointing sales. If it doesn't work, I have been told the discounted leasing program started in the UK will be extended and the "next generation" 7 will be brought forward to 2006.

Buyers who eventually did purchase a car have complained about the 7's over-complicated iDrive control system. To fix this, the software used by the 5-series has been employed along with it's "Menu" button to return you to the main screen. Also, the 5's triple temperature climate control system will be fitted as standard. There will also be some minor changes to the interior detailing and possibly some new leather colors. These measures are all intended to counteract disappointing sales, especially in the all-important American market.

Happily, the revisions will be more than cosmetic.

Although the 3-litre six-cylinder petrol and 3-litre six-cylinder diesel will continue, the 4.4-litre V8 engine will be expanded to 4.8 litres, with output raised to around 400 bhp with less emissions.

Sadly, even though the 6.0-litre V12 is gaining a direct-injection fuel system, power will held below the 500 bhp mark so that the kudos of the Rolls-Royce Phantom is not affected.

Expect to see world-wide sales starting in Summer 2004.

May the faith be with you,

Agent X

Et par av fantomtegningene som har kommet ut finner du her

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...