Gå til innhold

Squeaky 328i Cabrio and rubber seal treatment

Cris

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi! Last year late summer I bought an 1996 E36 328i Cabrio, which has slept in the garage in Oslo during winter. Now I took it out and it's time to make it shine.

Some of you already helped with finding a battery - thanks for that! The car is in great state and runs well and I'm already enjoying the sunshine when it's there, but of course with an old car there's a number of small things that can be improved. The plan is to tackle them one by one.

The first in line (besides a good cleanup and polish) is that the body squeaks over bumps etc. Many seem to think that all Cabrios squak a bit and that's it, but after researching I found that cleaning the rubber seals and using a restoration product may actually fix the issue. In the US/UK there's a thing called "Gummi Pflege Rubber Care" (see https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gummi-Pflege-Rubber-Stick-100ml/dp/B007TNOQDI) which does the trick, but cannot find it in Oslo. Is there an equivalent product that can be found easily here in Norway? Since it's a treatment that needs to be done every now and them, it'd be good to have a local product rather than have it shipped from abroad every time.

Second (probably a recurrent question, but haven't found any clear answer): the car need some minor body fixes (a minor amount of rust in a couple spots and a small, almost invisible bulk on one side, which has not damaged the paint); and the canopy glass is quite scratched so I'd like to change it. I need find a good body shop which doesn't kill the wallet (if they exist :)) . Any good recommendations?

Same for the mechanical work - I'd like to have the engine checked, especially the VANOS, which goes beyond my DIY skills :) Any good verksted whose mechanics are skilled with 90's BMWs?

Finally, any good place for spares in Oslo? For example the front lights have become quite faded (not the lamps, but the transparent plastic) so I'd like to change them (which shouldn't be hard to do by myself).

Tusen takk!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...