ngcs6tdk2fuibnma4upg.jpg

njs0zrz91l9z0tzpr87h.jpg

c0s3mjn99wezi5lp53lq.jpg

fqrlwerb6pmd9qcoo4a8.jpg

b2tdpjaeuuwfwjuxlrpl.jpg

ereiy0r3kk3hzldbmom6.jpg

t2l7zkafqntftvu1742i.jpg

Review: (klippet fra nettet]

What an amazing car is the E46 M3 coupe. I think I speak for the entire ec staff when I say that. There is no doubt that the E60 M5 and E63 M6 are outstanding machines capable of thrilling all drivers even in the darkest of times. But the packaging of this current M3 is one of the car world's perfect things. And I'm certain that the E92 M coupe with the V8 will be a nice bag of bolts, too, but I do worry for it when it has to follow such a thoroughly class act as the E46.

More to the point, the E46 M3 is so tune-able, even though one could easily argue that it needs nothing to make it any better.

That said, take this Hartge E46 M3-based supercharged H50 V8. Hartge's been pumping up and racing Bimmers since 1971. In this case, the term "E46-based" literally could mean that pretty much only the base has been used, since the heavily modified powertrain pulls ingredients from several sources in the BMW lineup.

What happens when you cruelly reject the 3,246cc S54 straight-six and jump in bed with the 4,398cc M62 V8 motor from the 4.4i X5 and punch it out to 4,930cc to rival the 4,941cc capacity of the S62 5.0-liter V8 in the E39 M5? And add a 7.25-psi SRM Opcon twin-screw compressor to reach for the stars at 493 bhp? Something crazy is what happens. I was shaving rubber off of the 20-inch tires in first through fourth gears of the six-speed manual with its 2.93 final-drive ratio and limited-slip differential. In fact, first gear is practically unusable without a feathery-light clutch foot. Four hundred forty-three pound-feet of torque is there at just 2000 rpm, all 502 lb-ft peaking at 4000. Redline is set at 7000.

Hartge explains that doing all of this modification work to the M62 4.4 versus just yanking a S62 unit whole out of an old M5 is necessary due to the added stresses resulting from the kompressor. In the end, heavily modifying the M62 ends up being cheaper than futzing with a S62.

The basic aesthetic model here has been the immortal E46 M3 CSL. Two hood inlets grab most of the attention and the CSL-style side fender slats help out, too. Carbon-fiber aero pieces surround the bottom edge, the front splitter looking particularly evil. The interior is a temple of worship to the CSL with all of its laminated carbon-fiber trim pieces. All seating in this car driven here is actual CSL seating. And Hartge has installed a carbon-fiber roof panel. Of course, I had to ask from whence they sourced this latter item. Of course, they all looked at one another, laughed about it and said that they cannot reveal the non-BMW German source for this. Some sensitivity is in the air apparently, because BMW continues to not make available such 3 Series upgrades. With beastly acceleration like this-zero-to-62-mph in just 4.2 seconds-and an unlimited top speed of 193 mph, that rear spoiler is actually working hard to keep things stable. Note the Mach III dual-oval exhaust tips dead center that replace the 2x2 M exhaust. The sound is frightening. But, to clarify, great frightening.

Ride height on this H50 dips by 1.57 inches below the stock E46 M3 due to the new springs over the Bilstein PSS9 adjustable shocks, the front springs also being more rigid. The 20-inch Classic 2 wheelset from Hartge is supplied by Ronal, 9 inches wide front and 10 inches in back.

Regarding the brakes, Hartge replaces the typically small rotors and single-piston floating calipers in front with 15-inch cross-drilled rotors and 8-piston floaters, while the rear set remains the same. Stopping power is, therefore, pretty intense and thankfully so. (Ceramics are needed soon, Munich. You're back to turbocharging, so now it's time to swallow pride and give us those ceramic ankle bracelets.)

And to think Hartge has also just created a strictly - for - show - off E46 H50 with the new M5's MS S65 V10 good for 542 bhp and 384 lb-ft. Probably spits stones out of the asphalt in every gear. Actually, I have an appointment to return there soon and try this home wrecker. Thou shalt stay tuned.

We're sincerely going to miss the E46 M3. The Hartge H50 V8 is a raging last hurrah.

HARTGE H50 KOMPRESSOR

Layout:

Longitudinal front engine, rear-wheel drive

Engine:

5.0-liter V8 (M62), dohc, four valves per cylinder, supercharged and intercooled

Transmission:

Six-speed manual

Suspension:

Bilstein PSS9 coilovers

Brakes:

Hartge competition front assemblies

Wheels and Tires:

Hartge Classic 2, 9x20 (f) 10x20 ®

Continental SportContact 2 245/30-20 (f) 285/25-20 ®

Exterior:

Hartge body kit; wing, competition hood, bumper diffusor, front lip

Interior:

CSL seats (custom)

CSL doorpanels

CSL roof

Performance:

Peak Power: 493 bhp @ 6300 rpm Peak

Torque: 502 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

0-62 mph: 4.2 sec.

Top Speed: 193 mph

Her er et klipp av standard Hartge M3 H50 uten kompressor, og mindre "csl":

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Her er en Hartge M3 CSL 06.2005 som ble bygget av Hartge på spesialbestilling fra en kunde. På denne tiden var BMW M3 CSL gått ut av produksjon og umulig å få kjøpt ny. Denne har noen fete bremser foran og navigasjon, ellers helt lik som en orginal CSL.

oawh1fte7xqsmerc0yd0.jpg

f3lswf6ry379n7660kbo.jpg

w7is2awscumwctvbiio7.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...