Gå til innhold

Topp på 318is

Michael

Anbefalte innlegg

Det jeg også lurer litt på er om det andre verktøyet som man bruker for å låse kammene i riktig posison før man tar på kjede.

Kan det kun settes i når kammene står slik at det tillsier at sylinder 1 er på TDC, eller låser det kammen i en hvilken som helst posisjon ??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The problem lies with the tension that is placed on the camshaft by the valve springs. Reduce or remove this tension, and you should be able to safely remove the camshafts without them breaking. How to achieve this? Well, I first thought about fashioning a tool that would fit between the valve and the seat on the cylinder head. Such a fork-shaped tool would effectively hold the valve open and compress the seat. However, the tool would have to be manufactured out of a soft plastic-like material like Delrin, otherwise it may damage the seat in the head. My second idea was to use rope - marine rope to be precise, considering that it's available in many different thicknesses. With the head out of the car, you turn the crankshaft until a particular valve is open. Then, wrapping the valve with rope, you rotate the crankshaft and let the rope compress between the valve and the seat. My attempt at this is shown in Figure 4. For all intensive purposes, this does work. It safely keeps the valve slightly open and the spring slightly compressed. However, this technique didn't appear to keep the valve open enough to make too much of a difference on the force that is exerted on the camshaft. Besides, a number of problems exist with this method. You can only do this when the cylinder head is removed from the engine. You can only do this when the valve is compressed, which would make the insertion of the rope (or Delrin tool) difficult to do without an appropriate spring compressor.

Dette er det det stod om tau på pelican, jeg blir litt skeptisk til denne metoden når jeg leste det..., særlig det jeg har understreket

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...