Gå til innhold

DIY Verksted in Trondheim

alfa_romeo

Anbefalte innlegg

Hei all,

I’m quite fresh here, own X3 F25 2012 diesel. 
is there any self-service workshop available in Trondheim or maybe someone got garasje with lift or inspection pit that can be rented or used?

I want to change diesel fuel filter that’s underneath the body. The work is pretty straight forward and besides I like doing something myself.

Jeg kan litt norsk så det går bra hvis du svarer norsk )

Endret av alfa_romeo
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• alfa_romeo changed the title to DIY Verksted in Trondheim

I think they are all closed. There was something in the Lade-area before, but the Facebook-page seemed to be inactive. https://m.facebook.com/p/Gjør-det-selv-trondheim-as-100076077283641/

Regarding fuel filter change on these engines - I believe I read somewhere that it is important to do the bleeding process correctly to ensure no damage to the high-pressure fuel pump. Maybe I remember incorrectly, but I would not risking running the CP4 pump dry....

Endret av laffe
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes, you need to prime the pump with diagnostic tools before starting the car. It will not self prime with ignition on like the older cars with M47/M57.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Diagnostic tool is on its way )

What I read is that it’s possible to prime by turning on and holding on ignition but not starting, and repeat 3-5 times. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

There are no DIY shops in Trondheim, to my knowledge.

I've been looking for it for years.

The best is just to do it in the streets or you local parking spot. Buy some ramps and go for it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

4 minutes ago, alfa_romeo said:

What I read is that it’s possible to prime by turning on and holding on ignition but not starting, and repeat 3-5 times. 

For M47 and M57 yes, for your car with N47/N57 no.

Endret av E.C.
typo
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 minute ago, Otis said:

There are no DIY shops in Trondheim, to my knowledge.

I've been looking for it for years.

The best is just to do it in the streets or you local parking spot. Buy some ramps and go for it.

That’s a pity. 
buying ramps could do the work I guess, yes.
Quick google search led to Biltema with this, looks suitable:

image.jpeg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 minute ago, E.C. said:

For M47 and M57 yes, for your car with N47/N57 no.

But diagnostics has this priming feature right? Ordered enet cable, waiting for delivery. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That depends on the diagnostic system you use. ISTA has it.

I have the same Biltema ramps. They're ok, but not all cars can drive right up (if the bumper is too low). X3 will probably be ok. Also they are not that wide. They have some plastic ones that might be better. You can measure on your car how much height you need to clear the bumper.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

18 hours ago, alfa_romeo said:

That’s a pity. 
buying ramps could do the work I guess, yes.
Quick google search led to Biltema with this, looks suitable:

It can be tricky to drive onto them if you got wide tyres, like 255 or wider.  For lowered cars you can use pieces of wood to straighten out the angle.  The ramps work very well though, definitely worth the money I paid for them back in 2002.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...