Gå til innhold

Hvor mange E46 M3 CS finnes det i Norge?

Orjan

Anbefalte innlegg

Jeg - som de fleste andre - har virkelig sansen for E46 M3 og om jeg skulle bytte ut Alpina'en, så må det bli en M3. CSL er langt utenfor min økonomiske rekkevidde, men en CS er vel det beste alternativet.

Det er langt mellom hver CS på Finn, men her om dagen dukket denne opp; BMW M3 | FINN.no - nydelig vogn, og prisen er vel ikke helt på bærtur heller - i allefall ikke hvis man sammenligner med utlandet..

361_670767370.jpg

Men hvor mange CS'er det i Norge? Noen som vet?

Jeg har hørt rykter om en Imolarød 😍

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

5 minutter siden, Orjan skrev:

Jeg - som de fleste andre - har virkelig sansen for E46 M3 og om jeg skulle bytte ut Alpina'en, så må det bli en M3. CSL er langt utenfor min økonomiske rekkevidde, men en CS er vel det beste alternativet.

Det er langt mellom hver CS på Finn, men her om dagen dukket denne opp; BMW M3 | FINN.no - nydelig vogn, og prisen er vel ikke helt på bærtur heller - i allefall ikke hvis man sammenligner med utlandet..

361_670767370.jpg

Men hvor mange CS'er det i Norge? Noen som vet?

Jeg har hørt rykter om en Imolarød 😍

Fikk med meg denne selv, selger og bil (begge ukjente for meg) virker som «hel ved».

Jeg ble faktisk overrasket over at E46 hadde M3 i en CS utgave, det behøver selvsagt ikke bety at den er supersjelden.
Men har nok sett flere CSL annonser enn CS, hvis jeg husker rett?

E46 M3 er for meg den «hellige gral», hvor CSL er selve øyenstenen, men hverken for meg er hverken kapital, plass eller kjøre evner/talent passer til noe slikt.

En slikt kjøretøy fortjener jo også å bli brukt - når det er sagt, en E46 CS i imola får meg nesten til å 🤤

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

@Orjan, GJØR DET! :D Perfekt bil. Her vil jeg påstå at du gjør en ganske trygg investering, men det er nok ikke det jeg ser for meg er ditt fokus. Men at du får noe spesielt, er hvert fall sikkert. Og du kommer til å bli hekta på den lyden av S54. Med carbon innsug får du prikken over i'en, disse kan du heldigvis hvert fall få til en rimelig grei pris om man ikke går for OEM. 

Endret av Dusy
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

@Ingvaldsendet er i grunn små detaljer som skiller en Cs og standard E46 M3. Bla. alcantara ratt og CS felgene som er lettere  (CSL felgene er «blankere» og enda litt lettere). Ser også ut til at de ble levert ganske full spec med helskinn og navi (her må noen rette på meg om jeg tar feil). I tillegg til å være en av de som er produsert sent i produksjonslinja er mange av barnesykdommene tatt (bla. rådelager) og ikke minst subframe. Ser dog at den @Orjanser på har forsterket sin likevel, men det skader jo aldri :) 

Disse ser ut til å være veldig ettertraktet etter CSL kontra en standard M3, noe som er fullt forståelig. Nesten sånn at jeg er litt bitter på at jeg ikke var tålmodig nok i jakten på E46 M3, men sånn er livet. 

Endret av Dusy
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Det ble produsert et fåtall av CS. Det er rett og slett en modell som ikke skiller seg nok ut og er på ingen måte spesiell. Den var dyr og på den tiden ga ingenting. Det er mer eller mindre en godt utstyrt E46 M3 der du slapp å spesifisere utstyrslisten. 

Prisen er nok akkurat der den burde være. Nedtrekk for noe kjip farge, men CS kom i et fåtall av farger. 

CSL derimot er en helt annen historie og man ser jo hvordan disse har skutt opp både i det europeiske markedet og utenfor.. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

@Ron Jeremy - ja, det er noe spesielt med E46 M3 - både designet og teknikken har holdt seg utrolig godt, og det er en bil som jeg må snu meg etter både to og tre ganger når jeg ser og hører en.

@Dusy - S54 med carboninnsug er MAGISK! Jeg var passasjer i et par timer i en CSL for 10 år siden, og det er et minne for livet :-) 

@Kolstad Jr. - det var fra første eier "ryktene" kom; sjekket den på vegvesen.no, og den hadde bare 64900km på EU-kontroll i fjor.

1 time siden, Ingvaldsen skrev:

hva skiller en cs fra csl og cs fra standard e46 m3 ?

En CSL er mer forskjellig fra en "vanlig" M3 enn man skulle tro; (info fra The BMW E46 M3 CSL - what is it ? (clubcsl.com) )

Spoiler

1. The tyre - the original Michelin Pilot Sport Cup

BMW with Michelin developed the first road-approved Michelin semi-slick tyre - the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup which was designed for the M3 CSL.
Porsche used this tyre after it was released on the CSL, in their GT3 cars.
Again, up to the point in time the M3 CSL was released in production, semi-slick tyre was not a thing in sports or hyper cars.
The tyre had a very large surface to groove ratio, very soft rubber (treadwear rating of 80) and small tread profile to ensure better traction and handling.
The M3 CSL was the first car to achieve 1.4g lateral acceleration.

As these tyres had very few grooves, handling in the wet was not great and aquaplanning would occur easily in standing water.
When clients would order the car with the Cup tyres, they would have to sign a waiver that they acknowledge being dangerous to drive in the wet with these tyres.
Additionally, BMW would have a sticker in the windshield indicating the car is equipped with Cup tyres.

The CSL tyre sizes are 235/35/19 in the front and 265/30/19 at the rear.

2. The Chassis
The CSL enthusiasts community was not able to determine yet whether the CSL chassis had more weld spots compared to the E46 M3 chassis but these are the confirmed differences.
- The CSL benefits from the carbon roof which is 7kg lighter than stock and increases the stiffness of the car (chassis torsional rigidity).
- There is no sound insulation whatsoever to reduce the weight.
- The rear fenders are rolled from the inside to increase tyre clearance.

3. Suspension 
The suspension was quite different to the E46 M3 as the car is lighter.
The design is similar but the spring rates and damping is different. Some internet sites quote CSL have coilovers but that's incorrect.
Additionally, the bump stomps are different. Anti roll bars are more stiff and the front anti roll bar is hollow (the first hollow anti roll bar in a production BMW car).
Also, the front king pins are slightly different and increase the track by 10mm.
The rear bottom control arms are different. They are made of aluminium and they feature uniball bearings instead of bushings.

4. Brakes
BMW improved the brakes on the CSL but it's a bit unfortunate they had not fitted a multiple piston kit. The reduction of weight was probably the reason why they didn't want to install a more expensive kit, as the braking performance was effective.
- The front discs are larger in diameter - 345mm vs the 325mm E46 M3 discs.
- The front caliper carriers are bigger
- Carriers, front & rear calipers are painted black, unlike the normal M3.
- The diameter of the rear brake calipers (single piston) is larger to balance the brake bias due to the larger front discs.
- The rear discs are the same size as in the normal M3.
- The other significant difference is in the ABS unit, where we see for the first time in a production BMW the use of a race ABS software. This was done to utilize the grip of the Michelin Cup tyres.

The CSL held for several years the Sport Auto braking record (until the 997 GT2 RS beat this) for 200km/h -> 0 km/h distance.
This is quite impressive considering the CSL has relatively conventional brakes, but it demonstrates how important traction, weight and balance of the chassis are.

5. The Engine
On paper the engine of the CSL does not look much different compared to the normal M3. Maximum horsepower of 360PS versus 343PS.
But the significant difference is on how the engine accelerates and the throttle response.
So what is different ?
The CSLs had blueprinted engines. This means the components were from the best cast materials and the internal components were perfectly balanced (pistons and conrods).
The cylinder head is ported differently, it has different camshafts and different exhaust valves.
The intake manifold is carbon and it has alpha-N engine management. This means it does not use a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor but a Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor) and it uses ram air (like motorbikes or race cars).
The hole you see on the left side of the front bumper is feeding air directly to the intake manifold.
The engine throttle response is very different on the CSL and the ram air helps it make extra power in higher speeds.
Ram air typically works above 150km/h and I believe (difficult to simulate this on a dyno) that the CSL at speed (200km/h) makes easily another 20PS.
Another interesting fact is that the BMW F1 engineers had worked on refining the CSL's engine management and gearbox software.

6. The gearbox
The CSL has BMW's sequential manual gearbox second generation (SMG II) which is found in the normal M3 E46.
It has very different software though and the gear changes are faster, downshifts feature rev matching (auto-blip) and it is the first production car with launch control - engineered by the BMW F1 engineers.

7. The carbon components
The CSL has a lot of carbon components. As mentioned previously, BMW wanted to acquire knowledge on mass production of carbon fiber components.
What is made out of carbon in the CSL
- Front bumper & bumper flaps (little spoilers)
- Intake manifold
- Roof
- Interior door cards (front and rear)
- Interior center console
- Radio blank-off cover when the car has no radio
- Rear diffussor
- Rear bumper carrier
- The pre-production CSLs had carbon rear seat backs, but not the production ones

8. The Wheels
The CSL has specific wheels in traditional BBS style. The wheels were made by BBS and they are forged and lighter than the M3 wheels.
Fronts are 8.5J x 19 and rears 9.5J x 19.
The same wheels were used in the later released M3 CS but the CS had narrower front rims - 8J x 19 while the rears were the same as in the CSL.

9. The electronics
The CSL was the first BMW featuring a special mode in the traction control system for the racetrack.
The name is 'M track mode' and it's activated via a button on the right side of the steering wheel.
The M track mode allows you to drift the car a bit more before it intervenes.

10. The Seats
Special seats were made for the CSL. The seats are based in the Recaro SPG but they are more friendly for everyday use.
Quite lighter than the ones on the normal M3, they also feature an incline mechanism which makes access to the rear seats easy.
Unfortunately BMW did not have on these seats holes for harnesses and a lot owners change them to aftermarket.
The rear seats are also a lightweight version and there is room only for 2 people, instead of 3.
The seats' material is alcantara and cloth.

11. Aerodynamics
The CSL had improved aerodynamics with a different front bumper, featuring the carbon flaps, a rear lightweight boot lid with the legendary duck tail and a rear diffusor.
The wind tunnel information is here.

12. Speed limiter
The M3 CSL was the first BMW offered without a speed limiter (option), in which case it would be de-restricted (unlike the typical 250km/h speed limiter).

13. Lightweight madness
BMW went to great lengths to reduce weight. Examples include:
- Different wiring harness, reducing all unnecessary cabling
- The normal M3 has an 'SMG' logo just before the gear selector. The CSL does not have one.
- The rear window is made from thinner glass
- The carpet on the left hand cars is thinner to reduce weight
- The boot does not have a switch to open it (like in the normal M3). You can open it only via the remote control or the internal switch
- The hand holders (in the roof) are removed
- The air condition microfilter mounts are re-engineered and are much lighter
- There is no sound insulation whatsoever. Bare chassis everywhere

En CS er en "vanlig" M3 med Competition-pakke, en utstyrspakke som ble tilbudt fra desember 2004 (dvs modellår 2005 og 2006). Pakken var kostbar men inneholdt følgende:

• Styresnekka fra CSL med annen utveksling 14,5:1 istedet for 15,4:1
  • Felger i CSL-stil (halv tom smalere foran, samme bredde bak, men smalere dekk)
  • Annet demperoppsett
  • Bremser fra CSL (345mm foran)
  • M Track mode
  • Alcantara ratt og girspak
  • Interiørlister i "Alu tech"
  • Interlagos blue metallic var en farge som man kun fikk sammen med Competition pakken

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 time siden, tennbrikket skrev:

Hvem endte opp med denne? Jeg tipper vanligvis ikke Lotto, men gjorde ett unntak akkurat denne uken for å kunne hente denne. Gikk dessverre ikke som planlagt :(

D01A622B-EE87-42F3-A975-0D594DCC5FFF.png

Kan fort ha vært noen andre europeere. ;) Men jeg ville kanskje hentet noe annet om jeg vant. 😛 Selv om en CS eller CSL hadde vært herlig. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...